Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Oops!


Diana Dors was a lovely lady with a great sense of humour, especially concerning her original surname. According to her autobiography, she was once asked to open a church fĂȘte in her home town of Swindon, England. Before the event, she lunched with the vicar and informed him that her name was really Diana Fluck. The vicar became somewhat agitated about his speech and the risk of mispronouncing "Fluck". But when the moment came, he introduced Diana with the following immortal words: “Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you our star guest. We all love her, especially as she is our local girl. I therefore feel it right to introduce her by her real name; Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the very lovely Miss Diana Clunt!"

6 comments:

RQTKT said...

I don't get it! (just joking...)

La Dolce Vita said...

And on top of it: a cliff hanger this introduction!

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

Ha! That's made my day!

al said...

Wonderful story, made me laugh so much I had tears rolling down my cheeks!

Jane said...

Love it!

e said...

:)))))