Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Who Will You Take Home?


My favourite game at exhibitions is to select an object - and only one - that I want to take home with me. At the recent Viktor & Rolf show in Utrecht, dolls - both life-size and doll-size - were used to model the clothes. Based on their 19th century sisters, they were a spooky combination of human individuality and generic goth dolly. Of course, ideally I would have taken them all, but if I could only have one, it would be this girl child.
Photo: Annie

6 comments:

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

A bit sinister, but cool nevertheless. I particularly like her haircut...

Profoundly Superficial said...

That's the great thing about dolls: they're cute but spooky at the same time.

jane said...

Very spooky. Would not have her in the house no matter what designer she is wearing!

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

I've had one doll all my life, her eyelids have slipped into the inner corner of her eye sockets with age and I ate the tips of her fingers when I was small... I'll admit she's more 'baby corpse' than baby doll. My boyfriend won't be in the same room as her so she has the guest room to herself...

Tuesday Kid said...

She looks like exactly the sort of thing that would come to life in the middle of the night, just by chance when there was a thunderstorm and weird banging off in the distance.

Don't do it!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ebiteua.com/forum73-prostitutki-lutska-i-oblasti.html]Проститутки Луцка[/url]