Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Amélie Knox?



I was struck by the bright green coat that Amanda Knox was wearing at the end of her trial when she was compared to Amélie, the heroine of the eponymous movie that Knox and her boyfriend claimed to have watched on the night that Meredith Kercher was murdered.

Interestingly, the film is also dominated by the colour green: green lighting, green walls, green furniture and green clothes.

So was this an attempt to create a visual association between Knox and an adorable character whose sole aim in life is to bring joy to others?



If so, it fails completely. Amanda Knox is clearly no Amélie; she's way too weird for that. Worse still, green is definitely not her colour.

4 comments:

fan of Amelié said...

How right you are! How do they dare to compare the two!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I wish I could remember the name, but in French class we watched a movie about a boy that I think wanted to go to the moon or something weird like that... Green was a major motif throughout it... I'm not sure if it was actually a French film, so to look it up based on that becomes even harder... Sometimes we didn't even watch French films in French class, haha.

Either way, I like the assessment. That definitely goes under the category of "fail." Haha, maybe even "epic fail..."

Jennifer said...

Ah! I was wrong! I couldn't think of the plot, clearly! It was "Thunderpants." He had a farting problem... Haha... My French teacher was so immature... He could relate to our humor all too well at that time, haha.

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev423.html

ennalegov said...

Amélie is a stand alone, beautiful, sincere, true beauty. Nothing can be compared with her!