Saturday, 15 May 2010

Bella


This is Bella, who's just turned four. I met her when I was making photographs for a local bookshop. After being bribed with sticky cakes and hot chocolate with cream, she graciously agreed to pose for me. At first she was full of excitement and anxious to model her new 'Hello Kitty' t-shirt. Here, she's slowing down and watching what I'm doing. She is aware that I'm seeing what she cannot see, that you can never quite see yourself as others see you. So her thoughts are turning inward, she is entering her own little world.

Thank you, Bella, for sharing these moments with me.

Photo: Profoundly Superficial. Click to enlarge.

3 comments:

Susan said...

She's momentarily entranced by her reflection in your camera lens.. that creamy coffee looks delicious!

Shirbi said...

Bella is savouring her cream! I think the lens is not her first priority.....

Profoundly Superficial said...

The cream was definitely a priority and yes, Susan, she may well have been looking at her reflection in the lens.