Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Invitation as Hand-Crafted Artwork


Art classes at my last school consisted of learning the almost forgotten skill of manuscript writing. Although condemned by most of the girls as being too "too old-fashioned", I loved those lessons, and to this day my handwriting maintains a certain flourish. Now I wish I'd followed my heart and opted for the path taken by Nicolas Ouchenir. This professional calligrapher painstakingly writes out all the invitations for the shows of the great fashion houses of Paris.

I wonder whether he needs an assistant...

6 comments:

ℜ Lisa of Paris said...

...Quelle merveilleuse Calligraphie !.. ☆ J'adore cette ancienne écriture de scribes que j'ai pratiquée sur parchemin avec enluminures pour poèmes !.. Magnifique et si poétique... J'ℳ

Laetitia said...

Schoonheid: van A tot Z!

Diana said...

It's true: you've got beautiful handwriting!

Profoundly Superficial said...

Lisa de Paris, tu as écrit les poèmes à main sur parchemin? Vraiment??? Génial!!! Je suis très impressionnée!

Laetitia, ik ben helemaal met je mee eens.

Diana, you are WAAAAAAY too sweet!

Susan said...

Adorably elegant and arty italic handwriting.

Forged documents said...

I enjoyed your entries on Toxic Words - such great thoughts and a wonderful reminder to watch the words I use - to be positive and kind and use words to build up rather than tear down. :)