Saturday, 19 March 2011

Lucy



I met Lucy in the desert. She's a Rhodesian ridgeback,the kind of dog that hunts lions. In the past, Lucy suffered terrible abuse, and if you look closely at her left hind leg you will see that she has an extra toe, the result in inbreeding. This meant that whenever she approached me, I was very, very careful. Yet the more time we spent together, the more I was overwhelmed by her emotional warmth. And in spite of myself, I soon found that I loved her.

Photo: Profoundly Superficial, Wadi el Gamal, Egypt

7 comments:

❣ Lisa de Paris said...

❦..Si je comprends bien, tu as adopté ♥ Lucy (de Rhodésie ?) - où elle a beaucoup souffert... - (cela se voit dans son regard éperdu ..!). Mais elle a la chance que tu l'aimes !.. ♣ ..et avec l'infinie patience que tu déploies envers elle, et tout l'amour qu'elle reçoit, son regard va se remplir d'Etoiles !!.. ★★ (My God, ce regard..).
I ❤ Lucy.. ❥

Profoundly Superficial said...

Hélas, elle n'est pas la mienne. Mais je l'adore!

Diana said...

Once it trusts you, a dog's love is unconditional!

Susan said...

Hunts lions?! That's scary, but this dog looks sooo cute.

Diana said...

Susan, despite the ability to hunt lion, Rhodesian Ridgebacks tend to be very gentle dogs. Elegant too. I know one and she's a sweet creature.

Motherkitty said...

What a beautiful and amazing canine! How lucky she is you have befriended her, and how lucky you are she has done the same for you!

Profoundly Superficial said...

Thanks for dropping by, Motherkitty!