Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Karl's Bear


This bear was made in his creator's image and and manufactured by Steiff, the purveyors of pedigree teds.

When asked whether he had a much loved bear as a child, Karl Lagerfeld replied, "Maybe I had one; I don't remember. I never played with anything like toys. I wanted to be grown-up." But, betraying a certain familiarity with the species, he added, "Bears are very nice, as long as you are nice to them".

Fancy curling up with Karl's Bear? He's yours for a mere $1,500!

5 comments:

Laetitia said...

I want one! But the price..... I will have to copy him for private use only, of course...

Diana said...

Oh, I love this!

Susan said...

For devotees of designer drivel. Why spend this much when a characterfuly bruised and battered vintage bear costs so much less? You may even have your own already!

la dolce vita said...

Made in his creator's image seems a bit far fetched. Their chins do not match at all. But for the rest: a lovely shot of Karl and Karlchen!

Profoundly Superficial said...

Diana: Me too!
Susan: I think that a palace should be set aside in every country where vintage teds can waited on hand and foot.
Dolce Vita: Maybe you're right. And yet Karlchen is definitely Keizer Karl's fluffy alter ego!